Friday, May 22, 2015

Flashback Friday: The Time I Interviewed P.J. O'Rourke


It's been a while since I've done a flashback friday, so I decided to revisit one of my finest achievements at UCLARadio: interviewing the legendary P.J. O'Rourke. A writer whose wit is as sharp as his insight, he has earned a place in my heart as one of my top writing inspirations (as I gushed at him towards the end of our talk), in both political and personal spheres. We covered quite a lot of ground in the interview: I opened up by asking about him about The Baby Boom, the subject of the book tour he was on at the time, and we went on to discuss his time at National Lampoon and Rolling Stone, his friendships with John Belushi and Hunter S. Thompson, topical political subjects like environmentalism and foreign policy, and other books of his like Parliament of Whores, All The Trouble In The World, Peace Kills: America's Fun New Imperialism, and Driving Like Crazy. It was an honor to speak with him, one made even greater when he said he really enjoyed speaking with me. Please check it out, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment