Friday, March 27, 2015

Flashback Friday: The Time I Interviewed William B. Davis


Chances are you heard the news about The X-Files being slated for a limited revival later this year. I plan to address this development in more detail soon, but for now, let's flashback to a juicy, X-Files related moment from my life: the time I interviewed William B. Davis, who portrayed The Smoking Man, for UCLARadio.

Given that he has been bombarded with endless questions about his time on The X-Files, I decided to also ask him questions about his appearances in films and his memoir Where There's Smoke: Musings Of A Cigarette Smoking Man (a great read by the way). He was beyond gracious, which is saying a lot considering that at the very end, my phone (over which he was speaking) was dying, so to preserve power, I clicked the button to turn the screen off. I clicked the button and sure enough the screen turned off, but so did the call just as he was saying bye. Horrified, I called him back to apologize, believing I made a colossal idiot of myself. But as I said, he took it all in stride, so it was all good. With all that being said, here is the full interview for your listening pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment